Sunday, July 8, 2012

Here we go!

Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend; come inside, come inside!

With that nod to Emerson, Lake and Palmer I kick off my blog. I haven't kept a blog with any regularity since the days when Livejournal was the big dog -- an eternity in Internet time.

This journal will detail my gaming efforts. As noted beneath the blog's title (a play on my most common nom de plume on the various gaming forums (fora?), AlienAmbassador,) I favor skirmish-level games and sci-fi settings, steampunk and modern zombie games. I'm also more of a hobbyist than a hardcore gamer, so expect more minis and terrain than battle reports, but I'll try to include some of those from time to time, too. I also hope to do some reviews as well.

I've been collecting minis for years, and since escaping the blinders that GW gaming can put on a person, I've gathered pieces and bought games from varied companies across the globe. The problem is that I've painted very, very few of my miniatures. This blog is part of an effort to change that, to make a dent in the giant lead mountain I've accumulated. 

So welcome and thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you can find something worthwhile as it develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment