Monday, July 21, 2014

Big doings and a companion blog

Hello, good gentles. 

For those of you who missed my posts on Facebook, I'm recovering well from my June heart attack. I'm down more than 22 pounds and have lost nearly two pants sizes in the waist. I'm staying home from work until August 1, not just to recuperate but also to help my loving wife Tracey, who needed emergency surgery and six units of blood two weeks ago. (She's fine but weak as a kitten, and all this rain is giving her extra joint pain.)


I've long had a desire to start a separate blog to gather everything I'm creating for my steampunk London setting. That way I can put the stories, character sketches and world-building research in one convenient place. I can also better organize game stats and content to bring the characters alive in "In Her Majesty's Name," which has been such an impetus in my setting's creation. 

I can now announce that the thing is begun and viewable, although there's little content there as yet. You can read the intro to the "For Your Table" section about gaming with the characters and setting. I'll start copying some existing content from "Dispatches" this week. 

The new blog bears the overarching name I've created for this saga: Brass and Blood. I envision it as a series of novels, with three books planned so far. Well, for certain weak values of "planned." More like "loosely sketched out."

I even purchased a unique domain name. To indulge in business parlance, I want to "build my brand" under the Brass and Blood name. So you can get to it at www.brassandblood.com or brassandblood.blogspot.com.

Don't worry, though. Things won't change much here at "Dispatches." I still intend to cover my gaming purchases and experiences, kickstarters and unboxings, and I plan to increase the number of out-and-out reviews I do.

Ye gods, I can't believe I've written so much at one go. I'm a little tired now, so I'll see you all later. 

Back to the boards, everyone, and I'll see you across the table soon. 

10 comments:

  1. Your looking well sir despite the rocky road your travelling. Shall look forward to reading more info as it lands sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the recovery is going well. I've added your new venture to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I can't wait to see its progress!

      Delete
    2. I am more excited about this than I have been by any project in a long time.

      Delete
  4. Take care of yourself and your family first, everything else is secondary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the first, most important lesson these travails have taught me.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with all the things you're planning, you do deserve some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zabadak, I am laying claim to that luck right now!

      Delete